Hello From 2030 is an awesome futuristic book by Jan Paul Schutten. It sort of looks like a textbook. At 180 pages, it’s definitely a longer read.
It’s great for ages 9 and above, especially. It includes lots of interesting tidbits about future technology, food, robots, etc. I think it’d be an especially good book to read in honor of Earth Day.
Here are just a few of the topics this book explores:
- Power from kites that are high up in the air where it’s windier
- Local food production
- Homes of the future
- Being more earth-friendly in the future, not because we want to be, but because we’ll have to be
- Amount of water used for different products (for example, it takes about 925 gallons of water to grow a half pound of beef)
- Foods that look and taste like meat will be more common
- Being healthier in some ways because of advances in diagnosing health issues
- Cars that recognize each other “I’m braking suddenly ahead of you”
If these topics sound interesting to you, hopefully you get a chance to read this book. I was able to find it at my local library. It’s truly fun to imagine what the year 2030 and beyond will be like!